General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
The Hanover & Elm Grove Communities forum (draft) policy statement
31st November 2018 (To be ratified at a future meeting of the Communities Forum)
Your Personal data
The Hanover and Elm Grove Communities Forum (The Communities Forum) is a volunteer-run community group and will treat your personal data in a legal and responsible way.
The Communities Forum holds personal data. This data is limited to
- your name
- your email address or given contact details
- the organisation which you represent or the street name you live on
- in the case of a service provider or Council Officer we may have a record of the department that you represent.
- In addition to this, minutes of public meetings are posted online – these may include your name and opinions expressed in the public meeting
There is NO storage or processing of “sensitive data” e.g. ethnicity.
Security of your data
The mailing data will be held and will be available only to the Secretary of the Communities Forum This data is used solely to distribute information about Commuities Forum meetings and other activities.
The minutes on the website are posted and edited by username and password available only to those authorised by Elected Officers of the Communities Forum.
Paper records are either destroyed or kept in a folder in a secure location.
Legal basis for holding the information
(a) legitimate activity of the group – we exist to bring together local groups including
- service providers,
- mandated representatives of other local groups
- Council Officers.
If you are in groups 5,6,7 and an email address has been made publicly available (e.g. Ward Councillors) it is assumed that your consent is not specifically required to use this email address.
It is assumed that people will generally wish to maintain a long-term interest in Hanover & Elm Grove. There is therefore no time limit at which any email addresses will be automatically removed.
(b) explicit informed consent.
Your consent must be “freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous”. The mailing list is made up of
- Those who have signed up as members of the Communities Forum
- those who have signed up on a paper form for “minutes, agendas and occasional information” (as per the top of each mail-out). The records of attendance and “opt-in” are kept in a folder at a secure location.
- those who have subscribed themselves via the Communities Forum website.
The mailing list is not used for any other purpose, nor accessible to any third party.
Removal of data, and withdrawal from the mailing list
To have your data removed, contact the Communities Forum Secretary with your request. This will be acted upon at the earliest practical opportunity
In the unlikely event of a data breach we will tell you as soon as possible.
This policy is subject to review and improvement.