The Friends of William Clarke Park is a not-for-profit community organisation with a mission to improve a small green space (also known as ‘The Patch’) situated in the Hanover and Elm Grove ward of Brighton and Hove and promote it as a focus for local community life.
We are dedicated to making the space a cleaner and safer environment for all local people to enjoy and to create events to bring the community together.
We aim to:
- protect & promote the park in its role as a green space and a focus for local community life
- organise events including ‘Spring in the Patch, Patchfest & ‘Patch Winter Warmer
- improve the access, play & recreational facilities
- work to protect & enhance the natural environment & wild-life habitats
- facilitate good relations between park users and the wider community
We welcome new members and have several working groups, focusing on different aspects of the above, where new members can participate. If you are interested in getting involved or being kept informed, please get in touch and we can send you a membership form.
Any donations of time, skills, money or resources are welcomed.
The Patch Is located in Hanover / Elm Grove Area of Brighton ( BN2 3AR)
Entrance to the park is from Picton street / Franklin Street or Hartington road.
For more about the Friends of William Clarke Park, visit www.facebook.com/groups/PatchFest/