- Brighton and Hove Food Partnership – A Coronavirus action plan is being put in place with food banks and volunteering opportunities.
- BMECP – Emergency food parcels for people in crisis who live in Brighton and Hove
- Hanover Community Newsletter provides details on Food distribution hubs at The Edge and the Phoenix Estate
- Brighton & Hove Cooking Club – Providing home cooked meals plus volunteer if you want to cook. Contact email@example.com
- City Coast Church and Time to Talk Befriending are offering emergency food packages for people aged 65+.
- The Real Junk Food Project Brighton – Intercepting food before it goes to the food bank. Pay as you feel.
- Olio.com – Connects neighbours and Food Waste Hero volunteers with local businesses, to share food (and other things) rather than chuck them away.
- Brighton and Hove Food Partnership listing for shops and volunteer opportunities.
- Brighton Quarantine Delivery – Independent shops now delivering.
- Brighton and Hove Community Transport Food Delivery Service for deliveries.
- Brighton Together – Find essentials, support & connections during these times.
- Fresh and dry goods for delivery
- Meals available via delivery & takeaway
- My Pub Shop – A new site which is inviting pubs to register for Brighton and Hove.
- NHS Staff Offers and and dedicated hours for key workers and elderly.
- Runner UK – Grocery delivery app for Brighton & Hove, Peacehaven, Shoreham-by-Sea, Worthing, and many more
- SunHarvest – offering local deliveries and special preference to key workers.
Smaller independent shops and international food stores are not having the same shortages as larger stores.
These are great if you are volunteering to shop for someone. In addition see this Which magazine article for the safest options.
- Asda Volunteer shopping cards
- Marks and Spencers volunteer gift cards
- Morrisions volunteer cards
- Sainsbury Volunteer shopping cards
- Tesco gift cards
- Waitrose volunteer gift cards
- Mutual Aid/Queercare on on collecting, delivering and handling items for others to avoid spreading a potentially fatal illness.
- A council for our community?
- Lockdown was hard but it brought out the best in our community
- Help us shape Hanover Liveable Neighbourhood
- A Low Traffic Neighborhood for Hanover and Elm Grove?
- Fund total doubles to over £4k thanks to the generosity of running challenge sponsors
- 2m Conversations – Lockdown Film Project with Phoenix ArtSpace