**This page is no longer updated. Please refer to the COVID-19 Help Directory for the most up to date information.**
Need help now?
- ACORN or AGE UK are supporting people with collecting their prescriptions.
- COVID Symptom Tracker – An app for doing a daily report to help identify those at risk.
- Doctors of the world – Translation into 26 languages.
- Frequently asked questions on Covid-19 – Information from Sussex health & Care Partnership
- Isolation pack for the over over 70’s – Information from Sussex health & Care Partnership
- NHS coronavirus – For info on symptoms, how to protect yourself, and what to do.
- World Health Organisation – Myth Busters on COVID-19
- Community Roots – Mental health support in Brighton.
- Every Mind Matters – Practical tips to look after your mental health and wellbeing.
- Mental Health Healthlines – Whether you’re concerned about yourself or a loved one, these helplines and support groups can offer expert advice.
- Mental Health Rapid Response – Call 0300 304 0078 for this urgent response service for the people of Brighton & Hove if you or someone you know is in a mental health crisis and are at immediate risk of harming yourself or others.
- Samaritans – Call 116123 anytime day or night
- Food – Information on food banks, food to buy, deliveries, safety and volunteering.
- Advicelocal.uk – Guide on how the COVID-19 outbreak affects your rights to benefits and sick pay, or what it means for your rights at work or your housing situation.
- Brighton & Hove Council – Get emergency help with food, energy bills and other essentials.
- gov.uk website – Find out if you are eligible for statutory sick pay (SSP), Universal Credit, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or what to do about tax bill and your rights if your hours are cut or if you lose your job.
- Isolation note for your employer if you have been told to self-isolate because of coronavirus and you need a note for your employer.
- Moneyadviceservice.org.uk, Brighton Citizens Advice and Money Advice Brighton are resources for you if you are struggling to pay bills.
- Self-employed – Government support available for self-employed affected by COVID-19.
- Business Support UK Gov– Access support available, who is eligible, when schemes open and how to apply.
- Brightsky – Phone app for support to anyone who may be in an abusive relationship.
- Hollieguard – A personal safety app.
- National Domestic Violence Call 0808 2000 247 open 24/7.
- RISE – Brighton charity that helps people affected by domestic abuse offering practical help ranging from advice to refuge accommodation for those whose lives are at risk.
- SafeLives – Guide for victims and survivors of domestic abuse.
- gov.uk website – advice for children of key workers, cancelled exams, school, universities and nurseries.
- Online learning for kids – https://www.brainpop.com/, https://www.tynker.com/, https://www.creativebug.com/, Mommy Poppins
- Department for Education Coronavirus helpline – 0800 046 8687, 8am –6pm, Mon–Fri. To answer questions about Covid-19 related to education.
- Schools Wellbeing Service – Email SWSConsultationLine@brightonhove.gov.uk or call 01273 293481 for consultation with Primary Health Worker if your child is going to school and you have any concerns about their emotional or mental wellbeing.
- Open Culture – 1,5000 online courses from the world’s top universities for free.
Kids and teens
- Childline – Call 0800 1111 to talk to about anything. No problem is too big or too small.
- Brighton and Hove Child Protection
- Ageing Well – Call 07770 061072 if you are aged 50+ need support during this time.
- Ageing Well Directory – Updated continuously with local & national services to help you.
- Possability People – Call 01273 894040 (10am-4pm) If you are a disabled person in Brighton & Hove and concerned about being isolated, call to see if we can help.
- Abilitynet.org.uk – Call 0800 269 545 for remote support if struggling with technology or need a bit of extra tuition.
- Brighton & Hove Council covid-19 updates
- Brighton & Hove council – homelessness support.
- Brighton & Hove Rubbish and Recycling latest updates
- Carers Hub
- Hanover Community Support Newsletter
- MutualAid – Links to support organisations covering Migrants, Disabled people and autistic people.
- Switchboard – Call 01273 204050 Brighton LGBTQ services and support.
- Digital Brighton and Hove offering 1-2-1 digital support for local community organisations and service users.
- Citizens online – Brighton charity working to tackle digital exclusion.
- Resource Centre – Online communication tools for several people to meet virtually
- Setup communication tools for self isolation
- Coronavirus Tech Handbook
- 25 Free Workouts – Fitness Studios and Gyms offering Live-Stream Workouts
- Brighton Natural Health Centre – Online yoga and other courses available
- Brighton Mindfulness Centre – Offering a free 8 week mindfulness course
- Centred space yoga – Online classes by our very own Leonie here in Hanover
- Chatterbox – A list of free, online, boredom-busting resources!
Check back regularly for our updates